Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gingerbread Love <3


In the spirit of both the holidays and competition, I decided to make up some gingerbread cookies this weekend. Baking Bites is having a gingerbread cookie contest, so a perfect excuse for baking. I had imagined a line of cute little gingerbread boys with gingerbread girls, a little boy (ginger) boy meets (ginger) girl story. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that gingerbread boys and girls have no torso! And with no torso, it becomes difficult to "dress" them. So, I'm not thrilled with the end result...but I did learn that I'm totally ready for Valentine's Day - my hearts were adorable, if I do say so myself.


I had only baked up half the dough on Friday, so today I made up the rest - trees, candy canes, and circles. I like how these turned out... I spent a long time finding the best way to pipe snowflakes (there were a lot of uglies in the group!). The icing I was using was a little runnier than I would have liked, so I lost a little on the detail. I don't know if these will win any awards, but any excuse to make up some Christmas cookies is ok by me!


1 comment:

Emily said...

Well, I think they look beautiful. I checked out the contest. I hope you win a prize!