Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just a Pinch of Salt

I've never been a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies. I mean, I like them and I'll eat them, no need to twist my arm there. But love them, crave them, absolutely have to have them? I've never quite been there.

Until, that is, I discovered Baking Bites' Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. No matter what I do they bake up into perfectly round, couldn't have shaped them better if I tried, discs of wonderfulness. The ratio of brown sugar is just enough to pull through a delightful caramel flavor. And, to take these lovelies just one step further...sprinkling a pinch of sea salt on top pre-baking, just enough to create a salty-sweet combo that can't be beat.

Chewy, salty, sweety, chocolatey...perfect. I've discovered a new love, and a recipe that can support me with as many varieties as I want to throw at it...white chocolate chips? Dried cranberries? Walnuts? The opportunities are endless, the calories are inevitable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting about the salt. I just made the NY Times chocolate chip cookies and those called for sea salt sprinkled on top too. It must be a new trend in cookies..the sweet and salty thing.

Cate said...

I love the salty-chocolate combination (like chocolate dipped pretzels!)
Yum!