Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Holy Cannoli!

So, Steve and I moved in together on Saturday (woo hoo!) after a lot of anticipating and planning (and whining, on my part). But now we're all settled in, and with the exception of living as a house divided with my cat Daisy in one room and his cat Basil in the other, we're doing ok.

However, I didn't fully consider with this big move how I was going to handle the "loss" of my early morning hours. Yesterday and today Steve somehow managed to get me up and out the door at 5 am for a little dose of good, old fashioned exercise ... yesterday was a traditional neighborhood run, this morning we hit up the gym we just joined, Cheetah Gym. While I know in the end that this is great for me, it's still hard to not be a wee bit resentful about the loss of my mornings ... we'll see how well Steve and I do after a few more days of my verbal abuse when the alarm dings at 4:45am! I have to say though ... once I'm up and out, it doesn't feel that early. I looked at the time on the news this morning as I was peddling away on the elliptical, and was shocked to see that it was 5:30am ... how could it possibly be that early and I was exercising ... what a crazy idea!

In the oven...
Tonight I'll be busting out a loaf of cherry almond bread and this weekend I'm going to try my hand at crumpets ... pictures to come!

No comments: