Sunday, September 23, 2007

A disastrous day of baking...

I just discovered a new blog this week - Tartlette - and after drooling and drooling over her amazing pages of desserts, I decided to make macarons. You will not see pictures of my macarons here, as I made a big gloppy mess in the kitchen, threw a tantrum, and vowed I would never bake again.

...brief timeout from the kitchen...


I decided to return to the kitchen and make some White Chocolate Brownies. As a twist to what Tartlette did, I made them in mini brioche pans (I've been dying to use these!). The brownie recipe yielded about 11 brownies using the brioche pans.

In the midst of baking, a full bottle of olive oil came crashing out of a cabinet at my feet, youch. Needless today, not the great day of baking in the kitchen as I hoped, but at least I have something to show for the day.

I'm still excited to have another go at macarons, but I'll have to set some rules for myself - no throwing kitchen utensils in a rage.

In other news, I just got back from London, and am ready to move there. I think I've found a Baking & Pastry Certificate that I can complete while working full-time. I'm gearing up to run my first 5K (8 lbs lost this summer and still going!).


Check out my review of my mini brioche pans on Sazze.com!

No comments: