Monday, October 1, 2007

Cherry Tomato Tart


Tart
Originally uploaded by Lazy Susin

I am truly devoted to La Tartine Gormande and desperately wanted to make this tart in April...however, I needed something for a party at work, so decided to make little round tartlettes. I even slaved over making puff pastry! And it turned out just a mess - rounds all puffed up, filling oozing all over the place. A complete and utter disaster.

Ever since then I've been wanting to make a second attempt at this. I've been dying to have a rectangle tart pan. Mine finally arrived in the mail last week and to celebrate (and to have something to bring to a bbq!), I whipped this up on Saturday, and am incredibly proud of how it turned out...and judging by the way it was devoured, everyone else was pleased as well. Due to the short noticed I didn't have time to make my own puff pastry, but all-in-all, a good effort.

In other news - I purchased a cobalt blue KitchenAid online last night. I will be anxiously awaiting it's arrival, and in the meantime I will need to seek out a home in my kitchen for this beautiful piece of machinery!

Thinking about buying a rectangular tart pan? Check out my review of my pan on Sazze.com!

No comments: