Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Fall (if only it weren't so darn hot...)!

In the spirit of fall and in hoping that at some point it will actually feel like fall and I can bust out the piles of new fall clothes I've recently purchased, I decided to make some leafy sugar cookies. I've never worked with a pastry bag and doing detail work with frosting, so it was a fun experiment to see if I a. have the talent for this and b. have the patience. I definitely passed the patience test because I (sadly) haven't had that much fun in a long time. I don't know about the talent piece, but I think these, were at the very least, respectable. I didn't love the color, though, and got sick of the peachy-orange by the end. I used this wonderful Royal Icing recipe (I opted to use meringue powder), and with my BRAND NEW, beautiful KitchenAid mixer, the icing turned out great.
Now I'll just sit and wait until the real leaves that are lying on the ground are not matched with 90-degree weather and the air conditioning running non-stop in my apartment! Oh the horror if we go straight from summer to winter...


Want to buy this cookie cutter? Check out my review of the cutter on Sazze.com!

No comments: