Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

This past Saturday Steve and I hosted a Thanksgiving party for our friends. Lots of fun, a heated game of Taboo, and lots of food.

It was my first try at making a turkey, and it was a crazy amount of work. Who knew?! I can't say I would jump to make another one any time soon, but the end result turned out quite tasty.


We ended the evening with everyone's favorite - PIE! I made a cranberry almond apple, which I also made last year and is really yummy (the bottom of the crust is lined with almond paste, which is absolutely deeeelicious).

Unfortunately, shortly after our party Steve came down with the flu, and I succumbed shortly after. We've now been holed up in our apartment for almost a week and have missed Thanksgiving down in Peoria with my parents. With a lack of groceries (as we hadn't planned on being here), Thanksgiving "dinner" consisted of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup and toast. With our health (almost) back, I'm ready to do some baking and ... get out of the apartment!

No comments: